County Windows (Heathfield) Limited is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you, and how we protect your data on a day-to-day basis in accordance with your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
This policy does not form part of any agreement or contract and may be updated at any time.
County Windows (Heathfield) Limited are a data controller for any personal information that you provide to us. This means that we are responsible for determining how information relating to you is used, stored and shared.
County Windows (Heathfield) Limited recognises the importance of protecting the personal information and the privacy of data provided by you (and that which may personally identify you).
We will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
a) Contact Information
b) Information about the goods or services we provide to you:
c) If you choose to use social media in order to contact us or find out about our products or services, your profile information (including your preferences and interactions with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) and information which you post on message boards which are relevant to our business.
As part of our commitment to raising standards, we may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations, emails, text and webchat conversations) for quality assurance, legal, compliance and training purposes.
There may be instances where it is necessary for you to share information with us containing special categories of personal information or ‘sensitive personal data’. This relates to things such as details of medical conditions which you may need to share with us so we are able to meet your specific requirements when providing our goods and services.
Due to the sensitive nature of this information, we will only take it from you if you have given us your explicit consent and it is necessary for us to do so. We will also inform you of what we will do with this information and who we will share it with. you enter your personal details on our website, we’ll ask you for your name, address, telephone numbers (mobile and land) and email address.
We collect personal information relating to you directly from you.
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data. We use Legitimate Interest. In the situations where we collect and process your personal data, we require it to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business.
Our purposes for processing your data
We collect, use and store your personal information for the following reasons:
Where appropriate, we will seek your consent to undertake some of these activities.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal or contractual requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and any applicable legal or contractual requirements.
Your contact details, measurements and products used are retained on our systems for the duration of your guarantee so that we can carry out necessary repairs. If you request that we delete this information it will impact on the repairs/replacements we will be able to offer.
We may share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the contract we have entered in to you with you, or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
Recipients of your data may include third-party service providers, other related business entities, a regulator, or to otherwise comply with the law.
If you choose to fund your purchase with us using one of the finance products we offer to our customers as a credit broker on behalf of lenders, we will share your data with the relevant lender so they are able to process your finance application.
Where we do so, we will require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
As required under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, we have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
As defined by the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, you have the right to:
We do not conduct any automated decision-making or profiling activities whilst processing your personal information.
Cookies are stored on your computer’s hard drive and cannot be used to identify you personally as they contain no personal information.
The Company reserves the right to update this privacy notice at any time. You can request the most up to date version from us at any time by contacting us on the contact details below.
Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding any matter relating to this Privacy notice in writing to Data Department, County Windows (Heathfield) Limited, Heathfield, 5 North Street, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27 1DQ, Company No. 0745142
We (County Windows (Heathfield) Limited trading as County – The Home Improvers) are committed to protecting your privacy during your visits to County – The Home Improvers websites and recognise our responsibility to keep the information you provide to us confidential at all times.
We protect your personal information on the Internet to an equivalent high standard to that you experience through any other channels through which we may interact with you, such as our showrooms, showsites, home visits or on the telephone.
A ‘cookie’ is information that a website stores on your computer so that it can remember something about you at a later time. Cookies are commonly used on the Internet and do not harm your system.
The cookies used on County – The Home Improvers websites do not include any information that others could read and understand about you, such as your name or contact details.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
This practice is strictly adhered to. We know that people have concerns about cookies, but we believe that the benefit we both gain from their proper use is worthwhile. You may set your web browser (Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Netscape Navigator) to notify you of cookie placement requests or decline cookies completely. You can delete the files that contain cookies – those files are stored as part of your Internet browser.
When you apply for a product or service on County – The Home Improvers websites, you will be asked for personal information that is needed to process your application.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
For your protection we will also: Not hold more information about you than is required for the purposes for which it is being processed. Take reasonable endeavours to ensure that any information about you is accurate and kept up to date. Not keep your information for longer that is necessary or as required by law. Process your information in accordance with your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998.
We do not have any control over the websites of any other company outside The County Group. So if you click on a link on our site that takes you to another website we cannot be held responsible for your privacy when you are on that website.
Use of Website
1.The information provided on this website or in any communication containing a link to this site is for personal use and information purposes only and is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction in any country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject any member / dealer of County – The Home Improvers to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction. Where any opinions are expressed on this website, they are provided by County – The Home Improvers for personal use and for information purposes only.
2. Unless otherwise stated on the product pages, the services and products on this website are intended for use by residents of the United Kingdom only, and are not aimed at or intended for use by residents of any other jurisdiction.
3. Where any information on this website constitutes a financial promotion it is issued and approved for publication and distribution in the United Kingdom only.
4. The information you provide on our online forms will be used to process your request quickly and accurately. This information will not be shared with any third parties. However, in the unlikely event that we are unable to service your request (for example, due to geographic restrictions), we may pass your details on to carefully selected third parties in order to assist you further.
Exclusion of Liability
5. These ‘Exclusion of Liability’ provisions should be read carefully as they exclude or limit our legal liability in connection with your use of this website. Nothing in these terms and conditions and in particular within the ‘Exclusion of Liability’ clauses shall attempt to exclude liability that is not permissible to exclude under applicable law, including without limitation, for fraudulent misrepresentation.
6. While we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the content of the website, we exclude any warranties, undertakings or representations (either express or implied) to the full extent permitted under applicable law, that the website or (including without limitation) all or any part of the content or materials, accuracy, availability or completeness of the content of the website or any part of the content or materials, are appropriate or available for use either in the United Kingdom.
7. Access to and use of this website is at the user’s own risk and we do not warrant that the use of this website or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to any property, or otherwise minimise or eliminate the inherent risks of the internet including but not limited to loss of data, computer virus infection, spyware, malicious software, trojans and worms. Also, we accept no liability in respect of losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of this website by unauthorised third parties.
8. To provide increased value to users of this website, we may provide links to other websites or resources (that are not part of County – The Home Improvers) for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and that we do not review or endorse and shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use that others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
10. © County Enterprise (Holdings) Ltd. All rights, save as expressly granted, are reserved. Reproduction in any form of any part of the contents of this website without our prior written consent is prohibited.
11. The trademarks, logos, images, photographs and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on this website are the property of The County Group or other third parties. Users are not permitted to use these Marks without the prior written consent of County – The Home Improvers or such third party which may own the Mark.
Changes to this Website
The contents of this website, including these terms and conditions of use, are subject to change by us without notification. Additionally County – The Home Improvers shall not be obliged to remove any outdated information from the website or to expressly mark it as being outdated.
13. Calls may be recorded.
14. In order to maintain the security of its systems, protect its staff and detect fraud and other crimes, County – The Home Improvers reserves the right to monitor all internet communications, including web and email traffic, into and out of its domains. Monitoring includes (without limitation) checks for viruses and other malignant code, and use or content that is unauthorised or unlawful or material that may cause offence in any way.
15. In the event that any provision of these terms and conditions of use of this website is held unenforceable, it will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
16. The terms and conditions of use of this website are governed by the laws of England, Scotland & Wales and any dispute regarding this website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England, Scotland & Wales.
Name & Registered Office:
COUNTY WINDOWS (HEATHFIELD) LIMITED
Ghyll Industrial Estate
Company No. 07451429
© 2020 COUNTY WINDOWS (HEATHFIELD) LIMITED
County Windows (Heathfield) Limited of Unit 17 Ghyll Industrial Estate, Heathfield, East Sussex TN21 8AW (Registered No. 07451429) is a credit broker and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Credit provided by Hitachi Personal Finance, a trading style of Hitachi Capital (UK) PLC, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Registered No. 704348).